The Case Management Department at Community Hospital provides an essential service in helping patients and families identify specific health care needs. In addition, the Case Management Department assists in developing a plan to provide the best continued care after discharge. We help patients and their loved ones better understand and cope with the emotional and social problems that may affect their health. Case Management services are available to all Community Hospital patients and their families to address the discharge planning needs of patients of all ages.
Case Management Department Helps
- Preserve a patient’s dignity and confidence to return to as high a level of self-care as possible.
- Coordinate medical services with resources in the community such as physical rehabilitation, specialties and skilled nursing facilities.
- Patients and families adjust to trauma, illness, and/or disability.
- Involve the patient and family in planning the transition home or to another facility.
- Enhance quality of life for patients and their families by providing assistance in obtaining basic resources.
- Preserve and strengthen family relationships by providing emotional support and by interpreting complex medical language for family members so that they can become more accepting and realistic about the patient’s problems and goals.