Summer Grilling Recipe
Honey Chicken Kabobs
Savor the fun flavors of summer with these sweet and savory honey chicken kabobs. Loaded up with your favorite fresh vegetables and chicken, these kabobs are a healthier way to enjoy BBQ flavors. You can marinate them overnight to make an easy weeknight meal. Enjoy!
makes 12 servings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking.
- Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn andbrush with reserved marinade frequently.